Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Ethan Goes to Hawaii (for real this time)


So for over a year Ethan has been claiming to have been to Hawaii...in a past life!  Many a story started off as "This one time, in Hawaii, I _______".  My favorite was when he described being a fighter pilot and part-time race car driver.  Well, thanks to Pépère lining up the accommodations, the whole family was able to go to Oahu for a week! We stayed in Ko Olina at the Marriott Ko Olina Beach Club which surrounded one of the four man-made lagoons which quelled the already mellow waves. 

We had a great time at the lagoon building castles and at the resort's lagoon pool.  Ethan even met a girl friend on the last day.  It took some coaxing but we got Ethan through a waterfall and cave in one of the pools.  Before Mémère and Pépère went home, Liz and I checked out the USS Arizona Memorial and the Battleship Missouri at Pearl Harbor and the whole group visited the Dole Pineapple Plantation where I was bummed to discover that Google Maps on my Blackberry did not have the maze expansion.  We also climbed up Diamond Head where I got to carry Anneliese in my arms the entire time which was a good workout.

Click here or the album for photos!

No comments: