Sunday, August 17, 2008

Ouch, am I sore...


Well, we went for a family run this weekend...just under two miles at about an 11-minute-mile clip. I'm amazed I survived at all given that my weekly exercise routine is 25 flights of stairs. Liz' friend convinced her after their pregnancies to do the San Diego Marine Corps Boot Camp Challenge 2008 on October 4th featuring a 3-mile course with obstacles used only by Marine Recruits at the Marine Recruit Depot. Participants get "encouragement" along the way at each obstacle by MCRD Drill Instructors.

Here's a video of last year for reference. All I can say is thank goodness I'm not doing it. However, I'm going to try to be the good husband and try to run with Liz heading up to the event. We'll see if she'll let me yell at her while doing practice pushups and situps.

No comments: